Monday, August 04, 2008

Don't Mess It Up

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles declined to recommend to Governor Perry a stay of execution for Jose Medellin. While I have my problems with Governor Perry, he is one-hundred percent with me on gun and capital punishment.

I will not be voting for him in the next gubernatorial election. However, if he were to grant Medellin a stay of execution, I would light the fire under the tar and start plucking the chickens.

The World Court, the United States federal government, and the government of Mexico want Medellin to be reprieved or at least given a stay of execution. Fortunately, the decision is not for them to make.

I have no doubt that Governor Perry will not stand in the way of justice in this case though. Medellin has a date with Death tomorrow and Governor Perry will not fail the family of Jennifer Ertman, the family of Elizabeth Pena, or Texas.

No comments: