Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This Is Getting to Be Comical

My flight last night was delayed. Then it was delayed some more. Then it was gate changed and delayed. Then was delayed, gate changed, gate changed, delayed...

Finally I think they just gave up and cancelled the flight. I took the first guaranteed flight for the next day. (Upgraded - Yay!)

Also, my shirt - green and a nice-not-fancy one - had a massive ink stain on the pocket. (Ruined - Boo!)

At the airport, parking was miserable. I finally decided to park at the gate and even then it was on the top of the garage in the sunlight and about 80 flights of stairs up from the gates. (Maybe 2 but I am in a hurry by now.)

The flight today took off 35 minutes late. It flew to Colorado, stopped mid-air, and went right back to Texas.

We then waited another two hours to leave again.

This time, it was mostly OK except for one thing: I got sick. I have never been sick on a plane before today. I was waiting in line for the lav when I asked the flight attendant if I could sit in her jump seat.

She gave me a plastic bag for Just In Case. The lav became available and I rushed it. I broke into a sweat and felt like passing out. I do not know how long I was in there and when I returned to my seat, my shirt was soaked.

I think I slept for the remainder of the flight but I do not know how long that was. Also, my shirt - blue and also nice-not-fancy - had two buttons missing from the front. I think I have the TSA to thank for that.

When I checked into the hotel they asked how I was doing. They asked this not with an I Really Do Not Care What You Say tone of voice but the You Look Like Hell tone of voice. My shirt was untucked, my face flushed, on my flushed face my cut swollen pussy nose, and I could probably use a haircut.

I think the cut on my nose is getting infected and I am wondering if that had anything to do with it. If so, this is going to be an interesting week.

2 comments:

Spring said...

*kissed pussy cat nose*

Because I'm sure that's what you meant. *grin*

Shawn McManus said...

Yes, cutie. That's exactly what I meant.

*phtphtphtptht*