Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I Was Hungry

I heard Hillary Clinton speaking on religeon the other day. I then heard the usual suspects speaking on Hillary speaking on religeon.

Hillary made a statement about how someone can not be a Republican and Christian at the same time. She may have been "wondering out loud" or the like. I would have to paraphrase.

Her statements about how her religeon affects her beliefs is standard. I know of none who is religeous that does not. One of the problems lays with using religeon to justify taking things of others. Another is using it to foul government.

The verses Matthew 25:35-36 read
For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.

I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.

Methinks Hillary would rewrite them

For I was hungry, and you passed legislation to take food from others and give it to me. I was thirsty, and you made the Clean Water Act. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your country and gave me welfare.

I was naked, and you outlawed Walmarts. I'm still naked. I was sick, and you gave me national health care. I'm still sick. I was in prison, and you let me go.


While I may prefer this to Sharia, given my druthers, I will have neither. Charity is not charity when it is forcibly taken. Nor is charity the purvue of government.

No comments: