Thursday, April 19, 2007

Jumping Off of the Bridge Some More

Failing to keep only the most serious topics on my site, here is another "fun" list.

From Kim's site, with my movies:

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Star Wars (any episode except for II)

2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.

Star Wars (any episode except for II)

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Bruce Willis or maybe some of the classics like Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.

Sean Penn with Ben Affleck a close second.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

The one that comes first to mind is Monty Python and the Holy Grail but one of my new most favorite quotes ever just came from Grindhouse: "You know what happens to people who carry knives? They get shot."

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

Grease and Moulin Rouge!

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

Moulin Rouge and Pulp Fiction - really

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

A Man for All Seasons and High Noon

9. Name a movie that you own.

Lucky # Slevin - There are others of course but it is one of the less common ones.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Harry Connick Jr. - This was copied straight from Kim's site but I have to whole heartedly agree. Harry is a superb entertainer.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Of course! Chopping Mall, Night of the Creeps, Flashdance...

12. Ever made out in a movie?

Hunt for Red October and The Rocky Horror Picture Show I think. I can't quite remember. I refuse to remember.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.

Smokin' Aces, 300, and maybe a few others

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

I walked out of Sleeping Beauty when I was about three. I gave my mom a heart attack. I should have walked out of The Thin Red Line.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

The Thin Red Line - but only because I was out $14 for the tickets.

16. Popcorn?

Sometimes. Put some of the fake butter on it while you're at it.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

I average 1.5 a year however this year, I'm already up to two and it is only April.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

Grindhouse

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

I generally prefer sci-fi or action movies but I need a bit more than special effects and well choreographed fights. For instance, I hated Speed and Battlefield Earth (one of my favorite books). I loved Master and Commander: Far Side of the World and The Matrix.

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Sleeping Beauty - I walked out on it.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

The Thin Red Line, Battlefield Earth, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and on and on and on...

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Moulin Rouge!

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?

Movies do not scare me usually. It is the same with books. Those that come close to it are those that can really happen. Slashers in the closet may be good for a quick "jump" but even The Silence of the Lambs did not scare me. (For the Record, the book 1984 scared me more than anything I have ever read.)

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

It depends on who is with me when I see it. For instance, I watched Bilouxi Blues with my best friend in high school and we laughed so hard our sides ached. I had seen it before by myself and thought it was funny but did not laugh as hard or as long.

No comments: