Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Survivors of the Virus

One of the projects that I have been working is a fictional story:

Survivors of the Virus

It is a post-apocalyptic novel heavily inspired by the fictional worlds created by Richard Matheson (I am Legend), Steven King (The Stand), Terry Hayes (Mad Max series), among others.

I am still working through some of the technical issues with Wordpress, advertizing engines, and the layouts. (It is meant to be read as a story in a weblog format but the oldest entries appear at the bottom.) I am correcting these issues while posting the story.

My release schedule for entries tentatively is Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Anyone interested should read the entries in the following order:

Author’s Note
Narrator’s Note
The Worst Call
Bags
He’s Still Not Here
No title
Worldly Possessions

I will link them when I have the permalinks working. In the mean time, they can be read by going to
http://www.survivorsofthevirus.com/wp_app/

The oldest is at the bottom. To read them as intended, you will need to scroll down then up as you finish each entry.

Cheers,
Shawn McManus

3 comments:

Weetabix said...

Very cool!

Will you be blogging about your survival thought, too?

Weetabix said...

OK, having gone and read it, I'm eager to read the rest.

The Stand was one of the few Steven King novels I enjoyed. I like the Mad Max movies, and I enjoyed Lucifer's Hammer. Must be a cathartic thing.

Anyway, your stuff is really good, and I look forward to the rest.

Shawn McManus said...

Thanks Weet!

I'm tying a lot of my thoughts into the story but will comment occasionally on my blog about it.

Some things I plan to add in the near future are lists and emergency procedures for events that most people will experience in their lives (such as loss of power for a week, vehnicle breakdown in a remote area, etc.).

I'm working on the forums and ads now. (Site content is free but I plan to have relevant and semi-relevant ads.)