Tuesday, September 11, 2007

On Tenterhooks

I've not been writing much lately. My wife and I are anxiously awaiting our third. The actual ETA is Friday, of course, that is guaged by "more-or-less."

It seems so many women we know are saying, "Oh, I remember my third was two weeks past due!" or "It seems my third took forever." or "Our third was more than a month late!"

We have been asiduously slapping these women whenever we meet them but so far, that has not brought on labor.

Nor has anything else...

1 comment:

Weetabix said...

I don't know what it is about women that makes them so cruel in their anecdotes to pregnant women. I had to refrain from slapping them during my wife's pregnancies, too.

You're nearly done, now. As an intelligent, self-reliant, and conservative citizen, you owe it to yourself and to your children to join the others of us with four children. We need to keep the gene pool topped off. ;-)

Good luck, and congratulations!